8:20 PM ET, September 26, 2010
Sun Life Stadium, Miami, FL
More From ESPN.com, ESPNNewYork.com
A motivated Gang Green put its problems aside and pounded out a win in Miami, writes ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini. Story
• Rex Ryan got his first career win vs. the Dolphins (1-2).
• Mark Sanchez (256 passing yards, three TDs) threw multiple TD passes in consecutive games for the first time in his career. He now has six TD passes on the season (didn't get sixth TD pass until Week 7 last season).
• Sanchez hasn't thrown an interception in five straight regular-season games (114 pass attempts).
• Braylon Edwards' 67-yard receiving TD was tied for the third longest of his career. He has six TDs in five career games vs. the Dolphins.
• LaDainian Tomlinson scored his first TD with the Jets. He also became the fifth player in NFL history with 12,000 rushing yards and 4,000 receiving yards.
• Brandon Marshall caught his first TD pass as a Dolphin and wenr over 100 yards receiving for the first time since Week 14 of last season (200 yards). He is the third straight receiver to go for 100-plus receiving yards vs. the Jets this season.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Williams fumbled twice. The Dolphins recovered one, and the other was overturned by a replay review. ... An interception by Allen in the fourth quarter was also overturned on review. ... The Jets had nine more penalties, giving them 29 this season.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||7.1||6.2|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||2-3||2-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||9:25||Dustin Keller 24 Yard Pass From Mark Sanchez (Nick Folk Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 72 yds, 5:43
|TD||13:41||Dustin Keller 12 Yard Pass From Mark Sanchez (Nick Folk Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 7 plays, 90 yds, 4:07
|TD||9:17||Anthony Fasano 3 Yard Pass From Chad Henne (Dan Carpenter Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 76 yds, 4:21
|FG||1:07||Dan Carpenter 44 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 12 plays, 59 yds, 6:23
|TD||8:53||Brandon Marshall 11 Yard Pass From Chad Henne (Dan Carpenter Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 12 plays, 73 yds, 6:13
|TD||8:41||Braylon Edwards 67 Yard Pass From Mark Sanchez (Nick Folk Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 67 yds, 0:18
|FG||5:18||Dan Carpenter 20 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 73 yds, 3:15
|FG||12:59||Nick Folk 30 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 5 yds, 4:10
|FG||6:49||Dan Carpenter 50 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 6 plays, 18 yds, 2:14
|TD||2:00||Ladainian Tomlinson 1 Yard Run (Nick Folk Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 12 plays, 80 yds, 4:47
Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez had success Sunday night attacking the sidelines against the Miami defense, an area that the Dolphins had defended well over the first two weeks. Brett Favre and Trent Edwards struggled in the first two weeks of the season throwing outside the numbers, but Sanchez picked the Dolphins secondary apart for 182 yards and 2 TD on outside passes.[+]
Miami Defense, Passes Outside Numbers - 2010 Season
Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez continued his rapid improvement this season against added pressure, completing six of nine passes for 156 yards and throwing a pair of touchdowns against the Dolphin blitz on Sunday. Sanchez has been a different quarterback this season against extra rushers, tossing four touchdowns without an interception through Week 3.[+]
Mark Sanchez vs 5+ Pass Rushers
ESPN Stats & Information