1:00 PM ET, September 26, 2010
Mall of America Field, Minneapolis, MN
• Adrian Peterson ripped off his seventh career game with at least 100 rush yards (160 on 23 carries) and at least two rushing touchdowns.
• Including the playoffs, Brett Favre is now 28-9 as a starter in his career against the Lions and an astounding 19-0 at home.
• The Lions (0-3) lost their 22nd straight road game, tied for the third-longest streak in NFL history.
• Detroit is just two losses away from tying their own league record for road futility that went from 2001 to 2004.
• The Lions suffered their 17th straight divisional loss, matching the Raiders for the most consecutive divisional losses since 1970.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
A skirmish broke out in the third quarter, with Vikings DEs Ray Edwards and Jared Allen wrestling with several Lions offensive linemen. "All I can say about that is that I, we, are not going to be anybody's punk out there," Hill said. ... Vikings C John Sullivan (calf) left after the first play of the game. Ryan Cook filled in well for him the rest of the way. TE Visanthe Shiancoe also had a leg injury, but Childress said he would be fine. ... Williams spent his first four seasons in Green Bay playing with Favre. "It felt real good against a guy like that and a friend of mine like that," he said of his interception. ... The Vikings defense held the Lions to 63 yards rushing and 3 for 12 on third downs.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.7||5.6|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-4||1-2|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||0||0|
|TD||3:08||Tony Scheffler 5 Yard Pass From Shaun Hill (Jason Hanson Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 12 yds, 1:13
|TD||1:02||Percy Harvin 24 Yard Pass From Brett Favre (Ryan Longwell Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 6 plays, 46 yds, 2:02
|TD||4:48||Adrian Peterson 6 Yard Run (Ryan Longwell Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 66 yds, 5:58
|FG||0:03||Jason Hanson 33 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 5 plays, 36 yds, 0:54
|FG||7:51||Ryan Longwell 31 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 13 plays, 59 yds, 7:13
|TD||3:14||Adrian Peterson 80 Yard Run (Ryan Longwell Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 80 yds, 0:00
Adrian Peterson had a 80-yard TD run vs the Lions. That's tied for the 4th-longest rush TD in Vikings history.[+]
ESPN Stats & Information