1:00 PM ET, October 3, 2010
Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA
• After winning on a Matt Bryant field goal in OT last week, the Falcons won again on a FG by Bryant, this time with 2 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter.
• Matt Ryan was 26-for-43 for 273 yards with a TD and two interceptions. He improved to 12-0 at home in his career against NFC opponents.
• This was just the second time since 1984 in which the Falcons won a game when trailing by 14 or more points after the first quarter (last was Dec. 3, 2006 at Arizona).
• San Francisco is 0-4 to start a season for the first time since 2004.
• Alex Smith threw for 188 yards with a TD and two interceptions. His seven interceptions are the most by a 49ers QB in the first four games of a season since Steve Young threw eight in 1993.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
49ers S Michael Lewis didn't make the trip. He missed practice Friday because of personal reasons and reportedly has demanded a trade. Mays started in his place. ... Falcons WR Michael Jenkins (shoulder) and OLB Sean Weatherspoon (ankle) did not dress. ... X-rays of Walker's sprained ankle were negative. He didn't return after leaving in the second quarter.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||4.7||4.8|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||1-1||1-4|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||0|
|TD||6:33||Vernon Davis 12 Yard Pass From Alex Smith (Joe Nedney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 10 plays, 88 yds, 6:16
|TD||4:31||Taylor Mays Recovery of Blocked Punt (Joe Nedney Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, 4 yds, 1:31
|TD||13:15||Harry Douglas 8 Yard Pass From Matt Ryan (Matt Bryant Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 12 plays, 71 yds, 6:17
|FG||0:14||Matt Bryant 37 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 11 plays, 49 yds, 1:13
|FG||5:52||Matt Bryant 31 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 7 plays, 41 yds, 3:27
|FG||0:06||Matt Bryant 43 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 12 plays, 68 yds, 1:20
The 49ers blocked punt for TD is their 1st blocked punt for TD since Oct. 5, 1987 vs Giants.
ESPN Stats & Information