4:15 PM ET, October 3, 2010
Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CA
• Mike Tolbert rushed for 100 yards for the first time in his career and added his third rushing TD of the season.
• Philip Rivers threw two touchdown passes for the Chargers, both to Antonio Gates who leads the NFL with six TD receptions.
• Gates also became the seventh tight end with 500 career receptions.
• San Diego has averaged 39.5 points in its two wins, 17.0 in two losses.
• The Cardinals have now allowed exactly 41 points in each of their two losses.
• Derek Anderson finished with a passer rating of 23.2 and has five interceptions (two Sunday) in his last three games.
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Mathews had 55 yards as the Chargers rushed for 180 yards. ... A week after throwing for a franchise-record 455 yards, Rivers was 15 of 20 for 241 yards.
Team Stat Comparison
Passing 1st downs
Rushing 1st downs
1st downs from penalties
3rd down efficiency
4th down efficiency
|Yards per play||2.6||7.0|
Yards per pass
Yards per rush
|Red Zone (Made-Att)||0-0||2-3|
|Defensive / Special Teams TDs||1||1|
|TD||4:52||Antonio Gates 33 Yard Pass From Philip Rivers (Nate Kaeding Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 8 plays, 89 yds, 4:45
|TD||13:48||Kerry Rhodes 42 Yard Fumble Return (Jay Feely Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 28 yds, 2:35
|TD||10:36||Mike Tolbert 5 Yard Run (Nate Kaeding Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 5 plays, 63 yds, 3:03
|TD||3:35||Antonio Gates 26 Yard Pass From Philip Rivers (Nate Kaeding Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 9 plays, 65 yds, 3:36
|TD||2:39||Shaun Phillips 31 Yard Interception Return (Nate Kaeding Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 3 plays, -3 yds, 1:00
|FG||3:59||Nate Kaeding 48 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 6 plays, 32 yds, 3:41
|TD||1:38||Ryan Mathews 15 Yard Run (Nate Kaeding Kick is Good)|
Drive info: 1 plays, 15 yds, 0:00
|FG||10:53||Nate Kaeding 47 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 35 yds, 4:11
|FG||3:22||Jay Feely 53 Yard Field Goal is Good|
Drive info: 8 plays, 29 yds, 4:05
The Chargers are the first team to lead the NFL in total offense AND defense through Week 4 or later since the 1987 49ers and the 6th team to do so since the merger.[+]
Led NFL in Total Offense and Defense - Week 4 or Later Since 1970
ESPN Stats & Information